Sarah Perlmutter is an award-winning young adult fiction writer and English teacher in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. She graduated with her BA in Creative Writing from the University of Pittsburgh, where she continued her education, earning her MAT in Secondary English Education. When she is not reading and writing, Sarah enjoys spending time with her husband and cat, cooking food that is far too spicy, making arts and crafts, and teaching her amazing students.
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- My favorite color is purple.
- I speak Spanish.
- I studied abroad in Costa Rica.
- My cat’s name is Fluffhead and she is nonsense.
- I am a huge Hunger Games fan.
- I wanted to have a Hunger Games themed wedding, but my husband and sister said no.
- My favorite poet is Walt Whitman.
- I write best when I’m sitting in front of an open window.
- I bite my nails and it’s disgusting.
- My favorite food is chicken wings.
- I had imaginary friends for far too long. (And depending on who you ask, don’t writers still have imaginary friends in a way?)
- I went to CMU pre-college for musical theater.
- My husband and I met through our high school musical. I played Cinderella in Cinderella and he played Prince Charming.
- I love coffee. (If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already knew that about me.)
- I am the oldest sibling of five. I have one whole sister, one half-sister, one half-brother, and one step-sister. They are the kookiest bunch of talented geniuses I’ve ever met.
- I’ve never broken a bone (*knock on wood*), but I dislocated my knee when I was seventeen.
- I love my hometown of Pittsburgh.
- When I was a little girl I wanted to have five careers: a writer, an actress, a singer, a teacher, and an artist. Thanks to my hobbies and profession, I am currently all five of those.
- I love Wattpad. (Okay, you probably already knew that about me too.)
- My husband keeps snakes… in our house…
- My favorite animals are cats, elephants, and dolphins.
- I love wearing dresses and skirts.
- I was born in Chicago.
- I’ve ridden an elephant.
- Any and all questions you may have for me can be directed to: email@example.com. (Ha, that was a sneaky one there.)